Monday, December 14, 2009

'Tis the Season.


Just because there isn't any sign of holiday decor in my apartment, that doesn't mean that I'm not fully taken over by the joys of Christmas. The reality is that I'm about as chock-full of joy and merriment that I'm about to burst.

During this month I've seen Bozeman's performance of The Nutcracker, meandered through downtown's Christmas Stroll drinking a hot, boozy beverage, and decorated a gingerbread house. Yessiree, The Christmas spirit is all around (and we've still got 10 days to go). I'm hurriedly trying to finish typing Christmas cards as well as some homemade goods before we rush off to Ohio for the holiday. If it weren't for this little December detour to the Midwest, I would be a bit more adamant about having my first Christmas tree in 7 years (I guess there's always next year).

I'm trying to cram as much cheer and joy (and productivity) into this week as I can. I've been knitting, baking, cooking and sewing. Due to budgetary restraints, I'm trying my best to make this a handmade holiday, and have succeeded (for the most part). I'll put up some photos once the gifts have been received.


No comments: